How to replace the washbasin drainer ?
I. Choose and purchase the right washbasin drainer
Buy drainer and sewer pipes that match the washbasin at home, and pay attention to the difference between those with and without overflow hole. Choose what's right for your home and purchase it.
II. Remove the old drainer from the washbasin
Remove the original damaged drainer. The removal method is to separate the drainer connected to the drainer underneath, and then rotate the drainer to remove, and use a knife to clean the washbasin drain hole to ensure it is clean and free of debris. This step will ensure no water leakage after installation.
III. Replacement and installation of washbasin drainer fittings
1. Disassembly according to the diagram, the washbasin drainer can be divided into three parts.
2. First, install the middle part, remove the lower part of the sealing ring, point the water pipe at the overflow hole, gently put it in and rotate it so that the sealing ring and the overflow hole fit tightly.
3. Install the lower sealing ring at the contact position between the drain pipe and the washbasin, turn the screw counterclockwise to make the lower sealing ring and the washbasin closely fit. Generally, a good quality sealing ring can be installed manually to ensure the sealing effect. If it cannot be tightened manually, a wrench can be used.
4. Connect the sewer pipe, align the upper opening of the sewer pipe with the lower opening of the drainer, and connect the sewer pipe. If the deodorization type is adopted, it is necessary to pay attention to the tight connection between the sewer pipe and the floor drain.
5. Put in the spring drainer component, press the drainer for sealing after complete installation, Turn on the tap to store water in the pipe, and press the drainer again to drain the water. It works normally, and all the pipe seals are intact and leaky. Congratulations, the replacement repairs of drainer and sewer have been completed!
How to replace the floor drains ?
1. First of all, use a sharper tool to remove the cement at the joint between the floor drain and the floor tiles. If it is too hard, use a hammer to help.
2. Next, take the floor drain out, use plastic bags to plug the sewer mouth in time to prevent entering of debris and causing blockage, and then clean up the cement around the floor drain pit.
3. Then put cement putty around the leakage pit and the back of the new floor drain. Then install the floor drain, clean up the excess cement putty, and cover the panel.
What are the types of drainers ?
1. Flap drainer: It can be rotated in any direction to make the water in the washbasin drain leak out. However, the airtightness of this drainer will decrease after a long period of use, causing the washbasin to be unable to hold water; or unable to turn over. The flap drainer has a simple structure, easy to clean and replace.
2.Press type drainer : It has a good-looking appearance, but it is easy to adhere to some dirt, which needs to be fully unscrewed to clean, and the operation will be more complicated and not convenient to use. If it is...
3. Leaky type drainer : The structure of this drainer is relatively simple, similar to that of the kitchen sink drainer.
How to choose drainer ?
The drainer is generally divided into: bounce drainer (commonly used), flap drainer (not commonly used), etc.; divided by size, the bounce drainer includes: big bounce and small bounce; distinguished by function, the big bounce is divided into: with the overflow hole and without the overflow hole, while generally there are overflow holes for small bounces . (2) The overflow hole means that when the water in the washbasin increases to a certain degree, there will be a diversion hole on the upper edge of the basin to let the water flow out, that is the overflow hole.
What should we do if the drainer is rusted ?
Shovel away the rust to be removed, and use a thick plastic film to make a full cylinder to hold the drain pipe. Its diameter is slightly larger than that of the drain pipe. And the seams are sealed by heat sealing or sewing.
What are the functions of floor drain ?
Floor drains refer to the drainage appliance connected with the ground and drainage pipe system, which is an important interface connecting the drainage pipe system and indoor ground. The function of floor drain is to drain the water on the ground. I. Owns a certain drainage capacity. II. Have a certain depth of water seal, that is, more than 5 cm. III. Possess a certain degree of decontamination and self-cleaning capacity. However, there are two special features of the floor drains: a. it excludes the surface water, and the water quality may be worse than that of any other appliance sometimes